Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Where's The Beef?

I just finished the world's greatest steak dinner. A day such as this deserves a meal such as that, and the early seating was necessitated by the rapidly fading daylight in my backyard. As anyone who has ever grilled by flashlight will tell you, natural light is the only way to go.

But you don't want to read about my early-bird special and, truth be told, the only reason I bring it up is because it reminded me of this ages old adage:

Radicals eat granola while liberals dine on chicken.

Moderates eat beef while conservatives feast on fish.

If food is scarce there is nary a worry, for Dick Cheney and the neo-cons will chew on your children.

Oh, stop, I never claimed to be a poet. Can you tell I'm antsy for the polls to start closing?

No comments: