Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Done Deed

11:09 AM: The deed is done.

Obama/Biden, John Kerry, No on 1, Yes on 2, and...

No on 3. I feel for these dogs. I hate the idea of dog racing. But we are not overrun by these tracks here in Massachusetts (I know of only two statewide) and this is not the time to be putting people out of work. I made my mind up on this in the voting booth...and came to the same decision I did when this question came up eight years ago.

My ballot has been cast. What about you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We voted the same actually.

I was pleasantly surprised that humanity (or those in the state of Massachusetts anyway) was able to put aside selfishness and greed and vote down Prop 1.

I also voted no to Prop 3, though it was a harder decision. The reason: it was money out of the state budget and a far, far better solution would have been to enact legislation for the humane treatment of the dogs and the resources to enforce those laws. That's an option that would have had my full support.

-Hoyce