Saturday, January 31, 2009

Super Bowl Thoughts

I'm rooting for Arizona but thinking Pittsburgh will probably come away with the win. Either scenario will work from my point of view. I have great affection for Kurt Warner, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquin Boldin—the heart and sole of my recently vanquished 2008 fantasy football team. All three were studs, and seeing them display that this last month has been fun to watch. They are easy to support on any given Sunday and especially so given this particular opponent.

As for the Steelers, I still don't like them. But I've always said that while I don't like the Steelers, I don't respect the Colts, and for that reason and that reason alone I could live with another Super Bowl championship for western Pennsylvania.

Why? Because while it is without doubt that the team of this decade is the New England Patriots, there are many observers who would argue that the Indianapolis Colts are a close number two. A second championship for this Steelers team would shatter that myth forever. Anything that damages the undeserved stature of Dungy and Manning cannot be all bad.

So, go Cardinals...and hooray for silver linings, too.

No comments: