Monday, January 26, 2009

Here's Hoping...

Here's hoping...

...that I do manage to someday soon put into words my feelings on the Inauguration and the beginnings of this new administration. They are many, but they are also jumbled, and to un-jumble the jumbled requires a level of concentration I have, as yet, been unable to muster.

...that the Boston Celtics do not sign Stephon Marbury. Sure, we need help at point guard, but Marbury? If you are so much of a clubhouse cancer that you can malcontent your way off the Knicks then you are no one I want to see playing for my team.

...that we have seen the last of the Bush family in the White House. Would this country really elect Jeb in 2012 or 2016? Never make the mistake of overestimating the intelligence of the American voter. This year was an anomaly—it is usually the lowest, not the highest, common denominator that wins out.

...that Jason (Captain .216) Varitek has played his last game for the Boston Red Sox. Maybe there were times when the conventional wisdom was right and I was wrong about this guy, and there probably is something to the notion that he managed pitchers as well as anybody this last decade. But even if all that is true, those days have come and gone. It is time to turn the page.

...that everything I took away from Charlie Wilson's War last night was spot on, because that movie was worthy of being called “wicked awesome”. Tom Hanks and Philip Seymour Hoffman were both outstanding, and even Julia Roberts failed to annoy me as she usually does. We really do always fuck up the end game, don't we?

And last but not least...

...that I am able to update this here page more frequently over the next few months than I have been over these last few.

No comments: