Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Debacle of a Debate?

I’m kicking myself for not tuning into the ABC debate last night now that it has erupted in controversy, but I just cannot quite believe that the network deserves the amount of venom that is being spewed at it this morning. It just doesn't seem possible that it could have been as bad as the blogosphere is portraying it to be. Am I wrong? Like I said, I didn’t see it so I can’t tell you for sure.

But that said, if ABC really did spend the entire first hour asking questions about Bosnia, lapel pins, the Rev. Wright, and the Weathermen, and completely shifting the economy and Iraq to the backburner, then there is some explaining to do today.

And if this charge is true, and George Stephanopoulos really did ask the Weathermen question at the behest of Sean fucking Hannity...well, that is between him, his bosses, and his conscience. But ABC News as a whole will be paying the price for a long time to come.

No comments: